Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Weyerhaeuser Access: Molalla Area

Posted by: Ryan jumpdawg2@yahoo.com

Wed May 21, 2008 8:31 am (PDT)

I just got off the phone with QSI, the organization that is running the permit system for Weyerhaeuser. Some of you may not be familiar with the North Fork Molalla, but it's a great class IV creek. I have boated it several times this year and have been trying to secure access ever since.

Photo by Dan Thurber, North Fork of the Molalla:
As it stands right now, ALL access, including walk-in must have a permit ($270) and check in with the gate attendant prior to entering Weyerhaeuser property. This is in effect year round. (Not just May 24 to Nov. 30.) However, I have put in my comments to open access for the boating community outside the current drive-in access window. They will review this request along with at least one other off season request from a hunting group at a later date. Access will most likely not change until next season (If we're lucky, we might be able to get on the North Fork Molalla by next spring.) I'll post more information as I get it. Hopefully we can once again enjoy this river.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments.

Ryan Morgan

No comments:

 
Oregon Rafting on Facebook